Welcome to alberntalk.com Please Log in or Register. Thanks

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to alberntalk.com Please Log in or Register. Thanks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Secure1
Click to scan this page

Speaking of Beaver Creek's Drinking Water...

+8
Jeckle
Bob Loblaw
Admin
chrisale
hedder
pen
Possum
The Invisible Man
12 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Speaking of Beaver Creek's Drinking Water... - Page 8 Empty Speaking of Beaver Creek's Drinking Water...

Post by The Invisible Man Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Last October, the people of Beaver Creek voted 73% in favour of converting the Beaver Creek Improvement District (BCID) into a service area of the Alberni-Clayoquot Regional District (ACRD).

Five months have passed and BCID has not shown much movement towards the conversion.

The ACRD has committed $800,000 to infrastructure upgrades in 2012 and more recently applied for an additional $810,000 grant for a total of $1.61 million in water system improvements for Beaver Creek.

It was proposed that June 1st be a target date for conversion to enable work to commence in 2012 as these funds cannot be used for works that are not the responsibility of the ACRD.

BCID was supposed to make a decision to move forward with the conversion at last night's regular monthly meeting however the meeting was cancelled. The note on the door did not specify why it was cancelled however said the next meeting will be held on April 16th.

Rarely do leopards change their spots. Chances are high that BCID trustees are up to the same game that they have been playing all along trying to maintain the status quo. Is it time to rally the troops AGAIN? Doesn't the voice of the people mean anything to them? ACRD has put their best foot forward and now its time for BCID to do the same.

Last edited by The Invisible Man on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Port Points : 402

Back to top Go down

Speaking of Beaver Creek's Drinking Water... - Page 8 Empty Re: Speaking of Beaver Creek's Drinking Water...

Post by The Invisible Man Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:14 pm

lionking wrote:
pen wrote:
Before I finish Pen do you think you writing the quarterly is a conflict of interest?

No, Funny how I knew you were going to say that lol! it's a piece of Crock that's what we think to lol! contract work to assemble a quarterly publication You make it sound like it's really important lol! and you are right again preppy it is imo to lol! prep it for printing.

Why do you ask? Because I sure thing it is a conflict of interest, because of all the things you have said in the past. You have never wanted to go in with the ACRD, SadSad

And what the heck are Councillors? A body of men elected councilmen a municipal government. I believe the name was changed to Trustees?

Or a bog? Wet spongy ground lol!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha good one Lionking! Thanks for the laugh.
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Back to top Go down

Speaking of Beaver Creek's Drinking Water... - Page 8 Empty Re: Speaking of Beaver Creek's Drinking Water...

Post by The Invisible Man Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:50 pm

BCID's quarterly reports made the battle easier for me. Whoever wrote those reports about the proposed P3 contract knows all about "spinning" or "controlling the message." It was easy for me and many other people to read between the lines. What was NOT said stood out like a sore thumb. Withholding information is so easy to do without guilt or effort because all it requires is to do nothing. No fibbing, no stories, no sweat, just a closed lip and the hope that no one reads between the lines. BCID's quarterly reports were one of the main reasons why people voted in favour of dissolving BCID...people knew they weren't being told the whole story and learned to mistrust them.
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Back to top Go down

Post by The Invisible Man Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:29 pm

Only 61 more days until the order in council is passed. I hope everyone has a good day. Smile
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Back to top Go down

Post by lionking Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:24 pm

The Invisible Man wrote:
lionking wrote:
pen wrote:
Before I finish Pen do you think you writing the quarterly is a conflict of interest?

No, Funny how I knew you were going to say that lol! it's a piece of Crock that's what we think to lol! contract work to assemble a quarterly publication You make it sound like it's really important lol! and you are right again preppy it is imo to lol! prep it for printing.

Why do you ask? Because I sure thing it is a conflict of interest, because of all the things you have said in the past. You have never wanted to go in with the ACRD, SadSad

And what the heck are Councillors? A body of men elected councilmen a municipal government. I believe the name was changed to Trustees?

Or a bog? Wet spongy ground lol!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha good one Lionking! Thanks for the laugh.

Your welcome Very Happy Watcha think, the old Penny is back? You know how she always has to find things that make you look stupid SadSadSad. First she took out my comment that I agree her writing the quarterly is a Crock. lol! Then if you can, find the Edit Penny wrote at 2:04 AM [/b]using her filthy potty mouth, renaming my Avatar, calling me a liar:( yes siree imo the oooooooooold girl, sheeeeeeee's Back Sad lol!

So Penny, who's shoulder on here are you going to cry on, in the hopes of getting people who don't alway's agree with your oponions banned? This seems like a honest fair place. I sure hope the owner here isn't a very good friend of yours, a friend yes but, one that doesn't feel obligated to you to ban someone just to keep your friendship. No
Now run along tell the good old boy's all about what's being said here, or maybe some of them are on hear? I know Possum your very good friend and, sweettub possums and your friend is she here under a different name? I miss her Smile lol! Well bye for now!!! king

lionking

Port Points : 326

Back to top Go down

Post by pen Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:51 pm

lionking wrote: . . . blah blah blah . . .

Let's go back to the purpose of this thread . . . which was a complaint that the BCID isn't getting out of the way quick enough.

Tough tarts. June 1, 2012 won't come along any quicker because a couple of impatient sore winners want it to. I guess you want to get your licks in before time runs out . . . well, have a ball.

There's nothing more to be said. Game over. Have fun slagging the ACRD when it's their turn.

pen

Port Points : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by The Invisible Man Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:45 pm

No worries here about the BCID finally dissolving. Now that BCID has met with Robert Rounds, an expert on local government governance (much like Tom Reid), they now understand that the ACRD has lots to offer and is the best possible option. It sure took the BCID board a long time to finally get it. Everything will go through without a hitch at this Wednesday's public meeting.
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Back to top Go down

Post by The Invisible Man Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:01 pm

For those that don't know Robert Round's background, he is a recently retired Local Government Senior Manager who was involved with Improvement District legislation and governance for over thirty years. He helped write the IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT CONVERSION GUIDE.
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:59 pm

A new thread was created for the discussion on the railway.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Invisible Man Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:43 pm

According to the Vancouver Island Health Authority, today is Day 18 of the latest boil water advisory. VIHA lists all boil water advisories HERE.

BCID doesn't realize that most people take these advisories seriously and do not drink the water when an advisory is in place. There is no doubt in my mind that this situation has negatively impacted public health. So much for drinking 8 glasses of water each day when most of us do our best to avoid using it.

The problems in Beaver Creek have gone on too long. I am not talking about the time that it has taken BCID to finally realize that they have no choice but to agree with the conversion, I am talking about the whole issue itself. We have been boiling water for 8 years. Think about the extra cost for bottled water. Think about the hassle it is boiling your drinking water week after week after week. It's stupid.

Now we have a resolution to the problem in sight through the ACRD! It is not unreasonable for anyone to speak out in favour of removing anything that appears to be standing in the way of that resolution.

ACRD has carefully laid out a plan that will finally put an end to the water quality issues we face. In the near future, maybe even next winter, we won't be facing boil water advisories. When turbidity is a problem, it will be a simple matter of switching over to the City of Port Alberni's water system.

I have no problem at all paying the City of Port Alberni to use their water when ours is no good and feel thankful that we have that option.
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Possum Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:55 pm

I wonder who will have the last laugh on this project?

Possum

Port Points : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by The Invisible Man Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:13 pm

You may find it funny that people can't drink the water from their tap. I don't. It's not funny at all. No matter what happens, there is no doubt in my mind that it won't be any worse than what we have now.
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Possum Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:55 pm

Again, the point of my post alluded you.

Possum

Back to top Go down

Post by The Invisible Man Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:02 pm

No it didn't. You don't get the big picture.
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Possum Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:20 am

One very simple sentence for you. You have totally missed the point of my previous post. I get the bigger picture which was the point of my previous post. But it is so far over your head that it will be a while before you get it. It has nothing to do with me. It has nothing to do with you. But it has everything to do with the big picture.

Possum

Back to top Go down

Post by The Invisible Man Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:11 am

That's "one very simple sentence?" I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Back to top Go down

Post by The Invisible Man Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:55 pm

BCID held a meeting tonight and the resolutions we talked about earlier in this thread were passed. YIPPEE!!! Both John McNabb and Russell Dyson were at the meeting. Both of them provided good information. They're truly professional. I am so glad that our drinking water will finally be placed in the ACRD's hands.

Russell Dyson informed meeting participants of a plan that BCID trustees continue to have to enlist Corix Utilities to upgrade the existing system (Stamp River). BCID trustees can talk about it all they want...it is not going to happen. When the people voted in favour of converting BCID to a service area of the ACRD they were also voting in favour of keeping drinking water public.
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Back to top Go down

Post by lionking Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:54 am

The Invisible Man wrote:BCID held a meeting tonight and the resolutions we talked about earlier in this thread were passed. YIPPEE!!! Both John McNabb and Russell Dyson were at the meeting. Both of them provided good information. They're truly professional. I am so glad that our drinking water will finally be placed in the ACRD's hands.

Russell Dyson informed meeting participants of a plan that BCID trustees continue to have to enlist Corix Utilities to upgrade the existing system (Stamp River). BCID trustees can talk about it all they want...it is not going to happen. When the people voted in favour of converting BCID to a service area of the ACRD they were also voting in favour of keeping drinking water public.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy We were happy the first time we won, then all the sneaky, deceiving untrustworthy, ways the Trustees always deal with things, like stalling, and stalling and stalling caught up with them again. Rolling Eyes We are soooooo happy. lol! Now the Good Old Boys & Girls will have nothing ever to do with our Tax dollars anymore. Very Happy IMO Kelly Schutte, and Ron Barclay, should not have anything more to say, or do with any decision making, other than what is expected of them to complete the transfer over to the ACRD! No No No No No

lionking

Port Points : 326

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8