Welcome to alberntalk.com Please Log in or Register. Thanks

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to alberntalk.com Please Log in or Register. Thanks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Secure1
Click to scan this page

Speaking of Beaver Creek's Drinking Water...

+8
Jeckle
Bob Loblaw
Admin
chrisale
hedder
pen
Possum
The Invisible Man
12 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Speaking of Beaver Creek's Drinking Water... - Page 6 Empty Speaking of Beaver Creek's Drinking Water...

Post by The Invisible Man Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Last October, the people of Beaver Creek voted 73% in favour of converting the Beaver Creek Improvement District (BCID) into a service area of the Alberni-Clayoquot Regional District (ACRD).

Five months have passed and BCID has not shown much movement towards the conversion.

The ACRD has committed $800,000 to infrastructure upgrades in 2012 and more recently applied for an additional $810,000 grant for a total of $1.61 million in water system improvements for Beaver Creek.

It was proposed that June 1st be a target date for conversion to enable work to commence in 2012 as these funds cannot be used for works that are not the responsibility of the ACRD.

BCID was supposed to make a decision to move forward with the conversion at last night's regular monthly meeting however the meeting was cancelled. The note on the door did not specify why it was cancelled however said the next meeting will be held on April 16th.

Rarely do leopards change their spots. Chances are high that BCID trustees are up to the same game that they have been playing all along trying to maintain the status quo. Is it time to rally the troops AGAIN? Doesn't the voice of the people mean anything to them? ACRD has put their best foot forward and now its time for BCID to do the same.

Last edited by The Invisible Man on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Port Points : 402

Back to top Go down

Speaking of Beaver Creek's Drinking Water... - Page 6 Empty Re: Speaking of Beaver Creek's Drinking Water...

Post by The Invisible Man Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:07 pm

Possum wrote:...Odds are that person has positioned themself with a plethora of nom de plumes here also...

You sure appear to be uncomfortable in cyberspace Possum.

Why did 73% of the people vote in favour of dissolving BCID? Do you think they voted to convert BCID into a service area of the ACRD because it was the best alternative? I think so. People didn't come to their decision overnight. BCID has a history of problems that date back long before you and I lived here. Improvement district legislation is outdated and does not fit with today's problems. Most people know that the improvement district wasn't working well and the mistakes that were made cost taxpayer's too much money. It's a different world than the 1950s when improvement districts were first created.
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Back to top Go down

Speaking of Beaver Creek's Drinking Water... - Page 6 Empty Re: Speaking of Beaver Creek's Drinking Water...

Post by chrisale Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:12 am

The Invisible Man wrote:
Possum wrote:...Odds are that person has positioned themself with a plethora of nom de plumes here also...

You sure appear to be uncomfortable in cyberspace Possum.

Why did 73% of the people vote in favour of dissolving BCID? Do you think they voted to convert BCID into a service area of the ACRD because it was the best alternative? I think so. People didn't come to their decision overnight. BCID has a history of problems that date back long before you and I lived here. Improvement district legislation is outdated and does not fit with today's problems. Most people know that the improvement district wasn't working well and the mistakes that were made cost taxpayer's too much money. It's a different world than the 1950s when improvement districts were first created.

OH my God you just nailed it! Possum has been living in the 50s all his life! Razz

I sat down beside my mom a few days ago as she was reading the local rag and she says... "SO WHY HASN"T OUR Beaver Creek BOARD gone away yet! I don't understand it!"

that about says it all i think.

chrisale

Port Points : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by pen Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:24 am

The Invisible Man wrote:Maybe if you knew the issues in Beaver Creek you wouldn't be so quick to condemn me? Most people that follow the issue know that a local business owner sat on the BCID board and at the same time worked for the BCID. BCID also made substantial purchases from this business at the same time. The business is also in the waterworks field. That is usually known as a conflict of interest and is not legal on most local government boards. It is okay for it to happen in an improvement district because there are no conflict of interest guidelines that apply. I know that Pen is paid by BCID to write their propaganda... I also know she knows about the issue. Pen is trying to pull me into another battle and I am not into it.

BTW I don't like your style. It's mean. Just saying...

What a chickenshit post. You won't name the person you're slagging and likely because this is an invention of your own fevered brain.
Just to be clear, the only thing I'm contracted to do is produce a quarterly newsletter containing information prepared by the board and staff to circulate with the billing. If you think that's propaganda, check that definition in the dictionary.
As for ANY opinions I state here or on any other forum, these are mine and mine alone.
For you to say I'm someone's paid propagandist is not only insulting, it's a laughably pathetic attempt to silence me or render my opinions suspect. One you have trotted out several times in the past and no longer has any currency.
In my opinion, you are one nasty piece of work who doesn't recognize the difference between what is legally permissible and what is morally reprehensible.
But hey, rave on. It's all nonsense anyway. Or (invisible)man up, name names and take your licks like the big guy you wannabe.

pen

Port Points : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisale Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:37 am

lol.

just wanna say... i've read propaganda... and BCID newsletters of the past couple years have certainly been leaning towards that way, that's for sure! Especially the ones mentioning Corix. LOL.

chrisale

Back to top Go down

Post by The Invisible Man Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:58 am

pen wrote:
The Invisible Man wrote:Maybe if you knew the issues in Beaver Creek you wouldn't be so quick to condemn me? Most people that follow the issue know that a local business owner sat on the BCID board and at the same time worked for the BCID. BCID also made substantial purchases from this business at the same time. The business is also in the waterworks field. That is usually known as a conflict of interest and is not legal on most local government boards. It is okay for it to happen in an improvement district because there are no conflict of interest guidelines that apply. I know that Pen is paid by BCID to write their propaganda... I also know she knows about the issue. Pen is trying to pull me into another battle and I am not into it.

BTW I don't like your style. It's mean. Just saying...

What a chickenshit post. You won't name the person you're slagging and likely because this is an invention of your own fevered brain.
Just to be clear, the only thing I'm contracted to do is produce a quarterly newsletter containing information prepared by the board and staff to circulate with the billing. If you think that's propaganda, check that definition in the dictionary.
As for ANY opinions I state here or on any other forum, these are mine and mine alone.
For you to say I'm someone's paid propagandist is not only insulting, it's a laughably pathetic attempt to silence me or render my opinions suspect. One you have trotted out several times in the past and no longer has any currency.
In my opinion, you are one nasty piece of work who doesn't recognize the difference between what is legally permissible and what is morally reprehensible.
But hey, rave on. It's all nonsense anyway. Or (invisible)man up, name names and take your licks like the big guy you wannabe.

I was at the same meeting that you were at where the information was brought out. If you don't know the person's name that's your problem. As far as I am concerned, it's part of the past...nothing more.

I think BCID's quarterly reports are propaganda...and I checked the definition of "propaganda" in the dictionary. I can't help it that you take that criticism personally.

One final note -- It makes no difference to me what you think of me. “If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.” ― Hermann Hesse, Demian
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Back to top Go down

Post by pen Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:06 am

The Invisible Man wrote:
I was at the same meeting that you were at where the information was brought out. If you don't know the person's name that's your problem. As far as I am concerned, it's part of the past...nothing more.

Now I'll just call you a liar outright. I have NEVER been at a meeting where a former board member was NAMED as having done what you imply. Don't hide behind weasel phrases like "the information was brought out" and suggest that your victim's name is known to all. That's just another form of lying.

Classic passive aggressive pout there with the 'just part of the past' rubbish. You can't harp on something publicly to keep it a live topic and then yawn when it all becomes too much to defend. You've put it out there, now back it up. Post the date and location of the meeting you purport named a former board member as engaging corrupt activities -- and if you have minutes for that, as you seem to have minutes for everything -- let's see them.

In other words, put up, or shut up.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post by The Invisible Man Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:07 am

The auditor read out the information at the beginning of the annual general meeting. In the notes to the 2009 year-end financial statements it says "During the year, the Improvement District made purchases of $17,382, including taxes (2008 - $7,999 including taxes) from a company controlled by a member of the Board of Trustees." I have all of the financial statements. You can get them too from the BCID if you'd like. They're public information however unfortunately BCID does not publish them on line.

One other thing, it's YOU that talks about "corruption." I have never done so. I have said more than once that improvement districts do not fall under conflict of interest guidelines.

The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Back to top Go down

Post by pen Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:04 am

The Invisible Man wrote:The auditor read out the information at the beginning of the annual general meeting. In the notes to the 2009 year-end financial statements it says "During the year, the Improvement District made purchases of $17,382, including taxes (2008 - $7,999 including taxes) from a company controlled by a member of the Board of Trustees." I have all of the financial statements. You can get them too from the BCID if you'd like. They're public information however unfortunately BCID does not publish them on line.

One other thing, it's YOU that talks about "corruption." I have never done so. I have said more than once that improvement districts do not fall under conflict of interest guidelines.

You haven't used the word, corruption. No indeed.

You have said more than once that improvement districts do not fall under conflict of interest guidelines. You use it as a supporting argument for your claim that a local business person stood to gain a lot -- taking advantage of the fact that there are no conflict of interest guidelines and thereby implying that a conflict of interest existed. And you do this even knowing that no such condition is even possible. The big lie technique is to tell a lie big enough and often enough that people begin to believe it.

You have implied that a local person could have an available reservoir tank and further implied that the BCID is somehow stalling around and linked these implications in such a way that people are drawn to think something unsavory is afoot. Oh, you don't say it outright or name the person but you leave the clear impression that a gang of thieves has been running things and by god, you'll see they get their comeuppance.

As I said, there's a difference between what is legally permissible and what is morally reprehensible.

You say a former board member profited. The report you quote says the BCID purchased items from a company controlled by a former board member.

The report does NOT say this was a problem. You, however, have done your best to imply that shady dealings went on.

The practice of throwing enough mud at someone until some of it sticks is a dirty tactic and has no purpose other than to defame that person. You've clearly identified a former board member and as much as told me (and the entire Internet) that if I didn't know who, it was my problem -- so that former board member is now smeared with mud that YOU threw -- and by your own estimation, everybody knows who he is.

But hey, it's a safe assumption at this point that you have a personal gripe against someone and are acting out with your damaging posts.

Frankly, it's pretty frail behavior for someone who claims to sit on the Canadian Mental Health board . . . or . . . did I misread THAT too?

pen

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisale Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:55 am

pen wrote:You have said more than once that improvement districts do not fall under conflict of interest guidelines.... no such condition is even possible.

The report you quote says the BCID purchased items from a company controlled by a former board member.

The report does NOT say this was a problem.

There's a difference between what is legally permissible and what is morally reprehensible.

chrisale

Back to top Go down

Post by pen Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:13 pm

chrisale wrote:
pen wrote:You have said more than once that improvement districts do not fall under conflict of interest guidelines.... no such condition is even possible.

The report you quote says the BCID purchased items from a company controlled by a former board member.

There's a difference between what is legally permissible and what is morally reprehensible.

Haven't learned exactly what that is yet, have ya?

pen

Back to top Go down

Post by The Invisible Man Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:08 pm

chrisale wrote:

Your're right Chrisale...and Pen can't quite figure that one out. It's another one of those pot calling the kettle black things.

There is a reason why "notes" are added to the financial statements too. When something needs to be further clarified it is usually done in the notes.

I did not say there was anything illegal about what went down. If Pen thinks there's something "corrupt" about it then so be it.

It is easy to point out in the Local Government Act that there are no conflict of interest guidelines that apply to improvement districts. Have a look ha ha there aren't any.
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Back to top Go down

Post by The Invisible Man Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:31 pm

The meeting date that was posted earlier on this thread is inaccurate. The next BCID meeting is scheduled for

Wednesday, April 4th at 7PM
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Back to top Go down

Post by pen Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:01 pm

The Invisible Man wrote:. . .
I did not say there was anything illegal about what went down. If Pen thinks there's something "corrupt" about it then so be it.

It is easy to point out in the Local Government Act that there are no conflict of interest guidelines that apply to improvement districts. Have a look ha ha there aren't any.

Pen does NOT think anything corrupt went down. This is just one more example of your twisted mentality. With a dollop of conflict of interest supposing to reinforce your suggestion that behaviors were . . . iffy.

June 1, 2012 is the conversion date. Let's all hope Dyson et al do exactly what you want and within your personal timeframe for completion. Having sucked up to the ACRD so long, it would be a pity to see you fall out of thrall with yet another lover and go on a new vengeance kick. It got old long ago and hasn't actually served any purpose. Ramble on in your sad, sick way. Nobody's listening any more.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post by The Invisible Man Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:34 pm

Ha ha if you don't think anything "corrupt" (your words) went down stop saying it.

You know nothing about my relationship with the ACRD. The ACRD has treated me well because they're professional in every respect. They treat everyone well! It may surprise you to learn that I have not had any dealings with the ACRD that were not a matter of public record. ACRD conducts business in a proper manner at all times.

BTW Did you notice that we are still under a boil water advisory? For me, that's what this issue is all about.

The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Loblaw Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:14 pm

Ramble on in your sad, sick way. Nobody's listening any more.

You are one bitter woman "Pen". Your own comments apply to you! Try shutting up, you've been called out and busted for your obvious affiliation with the dumbass good old boys club in Beaver Creek and you don't like it. Well boo frickin hoo. You really are full of yourself.

Bob Loblaw

Port Points : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Possum Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:38 pm

Another loser on the said of the great pretender. Bob, give your head a shake and don't ever be caught alone in this one persons presence as it may cost you big in court.

Just a small warning to the wise.

Possum

Port Points : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by The Invisible Man Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:50 pm

Possum wrote:Another loser on the said of the great pretender. Bob, give your head a shake and don't ever be caught alone in this one persons presence as it may cost you big in court.

Just a small warning to the wise.

What you just said is malicious and defamatory. I was wrong when I accused Chef of making a libellous comment however I am not wrong in my interpretation of your comment. This is exactly what I have had to face behind the scenes and one of the reasons why I feel under attack all of the time. You're wrong Possum! You and a couple of others have put great effort in trying to damage my reputation. STOP IT!
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:17 pm

Earlier in the thread, a great deal of information was posted about slander and liable and defamation of character and the criminal code.

You can defame a person's character by your choice of words. You can defame a person by not saying enough, or by saying too much.

Instead of discussing actual problems that Beaver Creek residents are currently facing and offering solutions, it appears one of the purposes of this thread is to cause mischief, damage reputations, and to exact revenge for real or imagined reasons.

Chef

Port Points : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by The Invisible Man Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:40 pm

Chef wrote:Earlier in the thread, a great deal of information was posted about slander and liable and defamation of character and the criminal code.

You can defame a person's character by your choice of words. You can defame a person by not saying enough, or by saying too much.

Instead of discussing actual problems that Beaver Creek residents are currently facing and offering solutions, it appears one of the purposes of this thread is to cause mischief, damage reputations, and to exact revenge for real or imagined reasons.

Your point is well taken. The thread was started to talk about a hurdle in the conversion process but quickly went sideways. I am in a "defence mode" almost always. The issue has not been an easy one. The real issue here is that the conversion process seems to be at a standstill and we need it to get back on track.

I received a report on what happened at the last ACRD meeting this past Tuesday. John McNabb, Beaver Creek's regional director, reported to the board that he hadn't had any meetings with BCID about the conversion process since the last ACRD board meeting. Russell Dyson said the ACRD can do nothing more without proper authority (signed resolution from BCID) and the window may be lost to tackle the reservoir problem or other water problems because the ACRD has other things on its plate.

The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Back to top Go down

Post by pen Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:27 pm

Bob Loblaw wrote:You are one bitter woman "Pen". Your own comments apply to you! Try shutting up, you've been called out and busted for your obvious affiliation with the dumbass good old boys club in Beaver Creek and you don't like it. Well boo frickin hoo. You really are full of yourself.

And it's so nice to meet you, too. Here's something interesting to ponder. Perphaps you will recognize someone you know. http://www.millon.net/taxonomy/paranoid.htm

pen

Back to top Go down

Post by CanAbyss Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:44 pm

I love this shit. Nothing more fun then watching two women go at each other and neither one wanting to concede. Now you know why men just sit back and drink and occasionally nod. Do I see a show of hands for an all out naked mud wrestling match to solve this once and for all?

CanAbyss

Port Points : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Possum Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:00 pm

$10.00 on pen ...... tongue

Possum

Port Points : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by pen Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:06 pm

Possum wrote:$10.00 on pen ...... tongue

Oh no, darlin' ... bad bet.

The other one has all the mud flinging experience. Rolling Eyes

pen

Back to top Go down

Post by lionking Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:15 pm

pen wrote:
The Invisible Man wrote:. . .

Pen does NOT think anything corrupt went down. This is just one more example of your twisted mentality. With a dollop of conflict of interest supposing to reinforce your suggestion that behaviors were . . . iffy.

June 1, 2012 is the conversion date. Let's all hope Dyson et al do exactly what you want and within your personal timeframe for completion. Having sucked up to the ACRD so long, it would be a pity to see you fall out of thrall with yet another lover and go on a new vengeance kick. It got old long ago and hasn't actually served any purpose. Ramble on in your sad, sick way. Nobody's listening any more.

Pen, you are so wrong there are a lot of people listening and, waiting to see what will happen on June 1st, if we are not finished with this Board. I looked back in my papers and it was September 2009 that we asked the board to disband. I have friends that live out Beaver Creek phoning me asking what the H is going on?

You are right though Mr. Dyson is trying to do what we expected him to do since he is in charge. The biggest problem has always been the lack of trust for some of the board members over the years.
Over the years when you prove that a board member or two/three, are doing things they certainly shouldn't be and, not doing things they should be. Example we never would have had e-coli in the water if the board had seen to it that the equipment we purchased was installed at the time we bought it. But it sat for a few years out back in the shop and, we ended up with e-coli in the water. I had to get involved and, when that happens all H breaks loose.
Over the years a board member(s) would resign their position on the board and, an election would have to be called. As for this particular Board some members have resigned two, three times when things got tough. Wayne Hassler, Kelly Schute, Ron Barclay and the last person who resigned their position early was because they had written a letter to the Alberni Valley Times, saying things that were not true and, it made a lot of people angry.
This was a very nice person but that doesn't matter how nice you are you need to have your facts correct, it is very unfortunate for her.
As for Mr. Hassler the time he resigned was due to sickness and stress. it's bad enough being sick then to have to put up with all the crap that was going on at the district was to much.

A lot of people have asked me how come these board members get back on the board if they are that bad? One reasons is because they have no one to run, another one is if there is someone running and, they don't like that person(s) then they make sure that all the people bring their friends and, there is lots of volunteer fire people. another one is they've been away for quite awhile and, things quite down. There are 5 on the board I don't know why but, what always seems to happen is three board members stick together and the other two stick together. I can't remember when there has been a board where they all liked each other and, were working for the people.

It has only been the last 4/5 years that there have been a big turn out at the AGM meetings. Not to many go to the monthly meeting still???
Two years ago myself and one other lady and man were at the monthly meeting that's all three of us typical. It ended up being a big waste of my time as they tabled everything they didn't want us to hear. After they adjourned the meeting and we left the lady and I talked outside for about a hour and, that was when they actually had the real meeting, they were still there when we left. That's how they are!

It's the same old thing that we have had to put up with for 20 years, once you think you are working with the board and you feel good about that and, you leave the board to do what they are supposed to do they always revert back to their dirty, sneaky scheming ways, which always costs us tons of money!
For all the money us Tax payers have paid needlessly over the years, we could have had the best water system in the world!!!

This board has never been held accountable for any of the money that they wasted over and over.
It was always very upsetting when we ended up having to pay lawyers for things like when a board member did something personal to someone else on the board. IMO if you do something wrong you should hirer your own lawyer and, pay with your own money. Again there should be something in writing stating that, we paid lawyers good ones right in Vancouver nothing but the best for us tax payers:(
IMO these boards over the years have gotten away with murder and, some have been on and off the board a couple times.
When ever you suggested things at a meeting here's a example, years ago I suggested that the board be given $5,000.00 to spend at one time for anything and, if they needed more than that a special meeting should be called with the all the Tax payers and be involved especially after all that has happened out here. Of coarse nothing came of my suggestion. I was told you elected us and we do what we want pretty sad hey:(
So over the years when ever the board is doing something they should not be doing, I get involved and that always stirs things up. I have asked the hard questions many times and, believe me they hate me for it and, haven't spoke very nice about me.

lionking

Port Points : 326

Back to top Go down

Post by lionking Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:30 pm

Bob Loblaw wrote:
Ramble on in your sad, sick way. Nobody's listening any more.

You are one bitter woman "Pen". Your own comments apply to you! Try shutting up, you've been called out and busted for your obvious affiliation with the dumbass good old boys club in Beaver Creek and you don't like it. Well boo frickin hoo. You really are full of yourself.

You are absolutely correct Pens comments always do apply to her. Pen looks like your on your own no one to run to, it's fair here. It's every woman or man for themselves.

lionking

Port Points : 326

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next