Welcome to alberntalk.com Please Log in or Register. Thanks

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to alberntalk.com Please Log in or Register. Thanks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Secure1
Click to scan this page

B.C. teachers granted right to limited strike

+3
booboo
The Invisible Man
TomW
7 posters

Go down

B.C. teachers granted right to limited strike Empty B.C. teachers granted right to limited strike

Post by TomW Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:27 pm

and so it begins.....

B.C.'s 40,000 teachers have been granted the right to strike with certain conditions by the province's Labour Relations Board, leaving many parents wondering if they will have to scramble to arrange childcare or time off work.

The board ruled Tuesday that the teachers can strike for three days in one week as part of their expanded job action, and then one day per each subsequent week, but must give two days notice before striking.

The B.C. Teachers Federation will not be allowed to set up picket lines, the board ruled. The board also said it will review its ruling on a weekly basis.

The federation is expected to hold a strike vote on Wednesday and Thursday, meaning the earliest possible date for a strike may be next week. They are expected to release more details about their plans later on Tuesday afternoon.

The ruling comes as the B.C. government prepares to release the details of its new legislation to end the teachers' contract on Tuesday in Victoria.

Read more
here
TomW
TomW

Port Points : 180

Back to top Go down

B.C. teachers granted right to limited strike Empty Re: B.C. teachers granted right to limited strike

Post by The Invisible Man Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:48 pm

If I were a kid in school, I'd hope the teachers voted in favour of strike action every Friday and possibly Mondays too.
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Port Points : 402

Back to top Go down

B.C. teachers granted right to limited strike Empty Re: B.C. teachers granted right to limited strike

Post by booboo Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:14 pm

Susan Lambert says the Liberals are balancing the budget on the backs of the teachers...what a fucking croc of shit...hey ya dumb bitch we gots no goddam money....you bastards are lucky you got a job....figure it out..I don't know about you folks but I fer one don't wanna pay more taxes for these spoilt cocksuckers.....

booboo

Port Points : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by The Invisible Man Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:59 pm

What are you trying to say booboo? lol!
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:50 pm

Looks like Mon,Tues and Weds are no show days.... affraid
Admin
Admin
Admin

Port Points : 106

http://www.albernitalk.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Possum Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:31 am

I think its time for our premiere to tell these nincompoops to take a hike. If they go out on strike fire the lot as they really are clueless. They fought the HST and now they seem to think they're all special. I think licking the windows on the short bus has gone to their heads.

Possum

Port Points : 174

Back to top Go down

B.C. teachers granted right to limited strike Empty wow

Post by Jimmy Sx Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:54 pm

booboo wrote: Susan Lambert says the Liberals are balancing the budget on the backs of the teachers...what a fucking croc of shit...hey ya dumb bitch we gots no goddam money....you bastards are lucky you got a job....figure it out..I don't know about you folks but I fer one don't wanna pay more taxes for these spoilt cocksuckers.....

Instantly became my new favorite rant!
Kudos affraid

Jimmy Sx

Port Points : 24

http://goeffyourself@yahoo.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by The Invisible Man Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:35 pm

A part of me says that I should support the teachers because we, as working people, need to support each other better. As much as I have a problem with the school system, and some of the teachers that drag it down, I tend to be on the teacher's side. I doubt they would support me if the shoe were on the other foot but we have to start somewhere. As one of the 99%, I think we should squabble less amongst ourselves and focus on the big problem -- those super rich pukes that exploit working people to give themselves even a greater share of the pie.
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Back to top Go down

Post by WetCoastKid Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:58 pm

IMO- The teachers are asking for too much all at once, and asking for some things that are right down ridiculous. The provincial government is being blunt and frankly a little more pushy than needed. Good luck mr/mrs mediator...

WetCoastKid

Port Points : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Possum Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:18 pm

I think the demands of this august group of nincompoops should be trashed. I would like to ask again, when was the last time you heard of a teacher being fired for being incompetent, or reprimanded for doing something stupid, like say, taping a child's mouth shut?

It happened here in Port and nothing has made the news about this so far and the teacher is still teaching, last I heard. Some claim for being a profession and more about being a union, ain't it?

I still think its time Abbott pulled a Air Traffic Controller stance with these overpaid buffoons. Shocked

Possum

Port Points : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by booboo Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:56 am

The union's demands, which would add $2 billion in costs for B.C. taxpayers, are not acceptable given the current financial reality."

Well hang on a minute here...I am sure us lowlife Taxpayers can pull $2 billion out of our asses.......

booboo

Port Points : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down