Welcome to alberntalk.com Please Log in or Register. Thanks

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to alberntalk.com Please Log in or Register. Thanks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Secure1
Click to scan this page

Got Ideas?

3 posters

Go down

Got Ideas? Empty Got Ideas?

Post by The Invisible Man Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:08 am

Considering the local demographics found HERE AT BC STATS and where the town itself is situated, what kind of business do you think would do well in Port Alberni? Also think about the kinds of things that grow well here. Maybe there is an opportunity to utilize something here and market it in a larger market?
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Port Points : 402

Back to top Go down

Got Ideas? Empty Re: Got Ideas?

Post by hedder Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:34 pm

Slightly off topic, but did you notice that in that census, the amount of multi-family households went up 45%??? That's huge!

I guess the future is living with gramm and gramps..and aunt flo, and cousin It....

Oh, I forgot about your question. Uh, my answer is....I dunno, let smarter heads think on that. Pretty much open to anything...lol. How about furniture manufacturing?

hedder

Port Points : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by WetCoastKid Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:44 pm

The valley has trees and a lot of em'... how could we make them available to local builders? Some way of proudly proclaiming Alberni lumber.

What about agriculture? Almost all the commercial farms are under glass ceilings so could they not operate in our diverse weather climate?

I know the "stuck on a rock" issue is problematic for distribution, but if we can get stuff in, shouldn't we be able to ship it out? Or even just try and feed the local markets?

We gotta be able to do something other than hold out for a handful of tourists each summer on their way to the coast.

WetCoastKid

Port Points : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by The Invisible Man Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:38 pm

WetCoastKid wrote:The valley has trees and a lot of em'... how could we make them available to local builders? Some way of proudly proclaiming Alberni lumber.

What about agriculture? Almost all the commercial farms are under glass ceilings so could they not operate in our diverse weather climate?

I know the "stuck on a rock" issue is problematic for distribution, but if we can get stuff in, shouldn't we be able to ship it out? Or even just try and feed the local markets?

We gotta be able to do something other than hold out for a handful of tourists each summer on their way to the coast.

I think you're right on the money about what may work well here. I have designed a business that fits with a couple of needs in this and 3 other mid-island communities. Until the lawyers have finished with incorporating the business mums the word. One thing for sure, tough times often breed innovation! No other competition exists for the new business in this neck of the woods. It is exciting times. Very Happy
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Back to top Go down

Post by The Invisible Man Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:43 pm

A report in today's AVTimes says "Valley is open for business, even as it struggles in this difficult economy."
The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum