Welcome to alberntalk.com Please Log in or Register. Thanks

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to alberntalk.com Please Log in or Register. Thanks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Secure1
Click to scan this page

Just Say NO!!!

2 posters

Go down

Just Say NO!!! Empty Just Say NO!!!

Post by lionking Fri May 04, 2012 2:16 am

I can not afford to have a Smart Meter put on our house. Anyone who has had cancer risks a good chance of it coming back:( I also need open heart surgery, a Hugh hernia repair, and bowl surgery. I wouldn't care as much if there was proof the smart meter is 80/90% safe but, BC Hydro hasn't showed anything guaranteeing any percentage, which makes me believe they have no proof! Babies, kids, elderly, and people with low immune deficient are at risk!
We have to put a sign on your meter and lock it up, because they will install one if you are not there.SadSad[b] JUST SAY NO!!!

Yesterday Corix/Hydro was at our house they were so loud it woke me up, they had something really LOUD running for about two/ three hours? Then they attached a couple new wirers to our power line, has something to do with those bloody Dumb Meters lol!
On the blog this morning was written, we went for a coffee and, there had to be 4 contracted Vans there and the workers were all in blue. On the side of the Vans was written Corix! Contracted by BC Hydro was written under it.
Another person wrote the people they went to visit, had a brochure left on the door explaining the wonderful benefits of their new smart meter.
Someone wrote they were in the bishop St. area yesterday. Another person said I have a notice not to install without my permission. When the corix guy knocked on my door and asked, and I refused. He didn't argue and left. I also sent a registered letter to Hydro.
I am so happy to see people are taking a stand cheers

lionking

Port Points : 326

Back to top Go down

Just Say NO!!! Empty Re: Just Say NO!!!

Post by Chef Fri May 04, 2012 2:59 am

lionking wrote:I can not afford to have a Smart Meter put on our house.

No worries!!! It's free.

Anyone who has had cancer risks a good chance of it coming back:( I also need open heart surgery, a Hugh hernia repair, and bowl surgery.

Do you have a source that suggests if you have had cancer, there is a risk for it coming back? That's interesting.

Never heard of a Hugh hernia. Sounds painful. Plain old hernia's are not fun at all.

As for bowl surgery, I used to get those every few months at the barber shop up town, by that Chinese guy. Feel for you. Never liked mine.

I wouldn't care as much if there was proof the smart meter is 80/90% safe but, BC Hydro hasn't showed anything guaranteeing any percentage, which makes me believe they have no proof! Babies, kids, elderly, and people with low immune deficient are at risk!
We have to put a sign on your meter and lock it up, because they will install one if you are not there.SadSad[b] JUST SAY NO!!!

Yesterday Corix/Hydro was at our house they were so loud it woke me up, they had something really LOUD running for about two/ three hours? Then they attached a couple new wirers to our power line, has something to do with those bloody Dumb Meters lol!
On the blog this morning was written, we went for a coffee and, there had to be 4 contracted Vans there and the workers were all in blue. On the side of the Vans was written Corix! Contracted by BC Hydro was written under it.
Another person wrote the people they went to visit, had a brochure left on the door explaining the wonderful benefits of their new smart meter.
Someone wrote they were in the bishop St. area yesterday. Another person said I have a notice not to install without my permission. When the corix guy knocked on my door and asked, and I refused. He didn't argue and left. I also sent a registered letter to Hydro.

The idea of being able to monitor or control your electricity use by having smart meters and smart appliances, is a good one.

Unfortunately BC Hydro and the government should have talked about it long before buying and installing the technology. People are rightfully concerned, but as far as radiation levels go - I'm pretty sure you are more likely to have problems from your television set and wireless routers and cell phones, than you are from a wireless meter.

Good luck with your medical problems. We have a bigger problem with our Medical system, than we do with our Power system.

Chef

Port Points : 7

Back to top Go down

Just Say NO!!! Empty A video on the health effects of Smart Meters.

Post by lionking Fri May 04, 2012 4:45 am

Chef wrote:
lionking wrote:I can not afford to have a Smart Meter put on our house.

No worries!!! It's free.

Anyone who has had cancer risks a good chance of it coming back:( I also need open heart surgery, a Hugh hernia repair, and bowl surgery.

Do you have a source that suggests if you have had cancer, there is a risk for it coming back? That's interesting. I read that somewhere.

Never heard of a Hugh hernia. Sounds painful. Plain old hernia's are not fun at all.
Hugh in the sense that when your a plus size, so is everything else and,all my intestines are strewed across my stomach EEK! It is very painful!

As for bowl surgery, I used to get those every few months at the barber shop up town, by that Chinese guy. Feel for you. Never liked mine. Hahahaha that's funny Smile

I wouldn't care as much if there was proof the smart meter is 80/90% safe but, BC Hydro hasn't showed anything guaranteeing any percentage, which makes me believe they have no proof! Babies, kids, elderly, and people with low immune deficient are at risk!

The idea of being able to monitor or control your electricity use by having smart meters and smart appliances, is a good one. OK

Unfortunately BC Hydro and the government should have talked about it long before buying and installing the technology. People are rightfully concerned, Correct!but as far as radiation levels go - I'm pretty sure you are more likely to have problems from your television set and wireless routers and cell phones, than you are from a wireless meter.
That's the problem right there, show me some proof and, I wouldn't care.

Good luck with your medical problems. Thank you:)

We have a bigger problem with our Medical system, than we do with our Power system.
Well if it turns out to be true, RE: Smart Meters causing lots of health issues, it's only going to get worse then! It's a viscous cycle!

https://youtu.be/n7L21XOC2wA, Here's another video to watch, if you haven't seen it already.

lionking

Back to top Go down

Just Say NO!!! Empty It's always about Money!!!

Post by lionking Fri May 04, 2012 5:11 am

By Bill Tieleman
"Ben Franklin may have discovered electricity -- but it is the man who invented the meter who made the money."
- Former U.S. supreme court chief justice Earl Warren
Does this story sound familiar?
A $1-billion waste of money, taxpayers picking up an enormous tab -- for no benefit to them - and BC Liberal friends getting big contracts.
Could it be the BC Rail privatization? Or the Harmonized Sales Tax?
Nope. It's a brand new one -- installing "smart meters" in the home or business of every BC Hydro customer.
And smart meters are the dumbest idea yet from a government full of them.
BC Hydro claims the completely safe wireless-transmitting smart meters will save you money and the environment by letting you -- and them -- monitor electricity usage. Then you can reduce usage and shift it to off-peak hours at lower rates.
That all sounds good -- but it's not accurate.
Here's the flip side: smart meters will cost you $930 million up front, not reduce energy usage, not save the environment and not stop drug dealers. And they may not be safe.
How smart are they?
The B.C. Public Interest Advocacy Centre says smart meters are dumb, and will add 8.3 per cent to your BC Hydro bill, even if they work.
Why? Because people use electricity when and why they do for good reasons -- like getting to work and school in the morning, cooking dinner in the evening, and heating and cooling their homes when it's needed.
"There is only so much that a family can do, with all the will in the world, to shift their energy patterns," BCPIAC executive director Jim Quail writes on the group's website.
And even using electricity at a different time doesn't save energy.
"If our typical family went to the trouble of running the clothes dryer at midnight [saving perhaps a couple of pennies on their energy bill], they would still use the same amount of power to dry the same load of clothes," Quail says.
And are smart meters safe? That depends on which experts on wireless technology you choose to believe. BC Hydro says exposure to the smart meter's wireless radio frequency over 20 years is the equivalent of one 30 minute cell phone call.
But BC Hydro admits the World Health Organization hasn't drawn any "definitive conclusions but has called for further investigation" into the wireless radiation emitted by cell phones, which it says has "different parameters" than smart meters.
However, some prominent doctors strongly believe smart meters are indeed a health hazard.
"What is the evidence that smart meters are safe and have no adverse health effects?" asks Dr. David Carpenter, a former head of the New York State Department of Public Health and now director of the University of Albany's Institute for Health and the Environment. "The answer to that question is that there is no such evidence."
"And in fact, while no one has done human health studies in relation to people living in homes with smart meters, we have evidence from a whole variety of other sources... that demonstrates convincingly and consistently that exposure to radio frequency radiation at elevated levels for long periods of time increases the risk of cancer, increases the damage to the nervous system, causes electro-sensitivity, has adverse reproductive effects and a variety of other effects on different organ systems," Carpenter says in an online video interview with Smart Meter Safety, a U.S. group opposed to smart meters.
"So there is no justification for the statement that smart meters have no adverse health effects," he concludes. "The smart meter is for the benefit of the utility... and at the expense of the consumer, who has to live in the house that has this constant exposure," Carpenter says. "So, an informed person should demand that they be allowed to keep their analog meter."
The BC Lib connection
Whether or not smart meters are unhealthy is still unclear, if unsettling.
But what is certain is that smart meters are already benefitting a select group of BC Liberal Party-connected insiders who have been awarded lucrative smart meter contracts with BC Hydro.
The Tyee's Will McMartin documents in detail the connections between Corix Utilities, the firm chosen for a $73 million contract to install smart meters in B.C., and BC Hydro Board of Directors member Tracey McVicar, who heads the western Canada operations of one of Corix Utilities’ biggest investors -- CAI Capital Management. McMartin also notes that long-time BC Liberal appointee David Emerson is both an investor and "senior advisor" to CAI.
McVicar is also a BC Liberal Party donor, having contributed $2,500 during the 2009 provincial election.
BC Hydro is itself awash with government-appointed former politicos with BC Liberal ties. Hydro executive vice-president Susan Yurkovich was a key member of the BC Liberal's 2005 election campaign committee, while Steve Vanagas, BC Hydro's communications director, came there directly out of former premier Gordon Campbell’s office, where he had been deputy chief of staff for communications.
So, in addition to knowing that BC Hydro rates are slated to go up by 50 per cent in five years to pay for things like smart meters, does that all make you feel better?
If you hear a loud spinning noise, it's most likely your smart meter is already running.

lionking

Back to top Go down

Just Say NO!!! Empty OUP OUT CLAUSE FOR PORT ALBERNI BC TO!!!

Post by lionking Mon May 07, 2012 9:50 am

Robin Austin, Skeena MLA calling for full smart meter review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YwtsV5Vrjw&feature=youtube
We did it! We not only got a moratorium, but council is writing to the Provincial Government and recommending that the Smart Meter Program be brought before the Public Utilities Commission for review and public input (strong emphasis on public). Also, they are recommending to BC Hydro that they stop destroying the old meters! YAY!!!
Thanks to everyone who came out and spoke. It was amazing!” Congratulations to All of the attached links show peer reviewed data on the dangers of specific EMF radiation.

lionking

Back to top Go down

Just Say NO!!! Empty Re: Just Say NO!!!

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum