Welcome to alberntalk.com Please Log in or Register. Thanks

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to alberntalk.com Please Log in or Register. Thanks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Secure1
Click to scan this page

Province looking to send welfare recipients north for training program

+2
Possum
The Invisible Man
6 posters

Go down

Province looking to send welfare recipients north for training program Empty Province looking to send welfare recipients north for training program

Post by The Invisible Man Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:13 pm

This news report is something to think about. Hmmmmm I wonder if I can get on welfare so the government would pay my expenses to move up north to a good-paying job?

KAMLOOPS, B.C. — The B.C. Liberal government is developing a program to move employable people on welfare to northern B.C. where they will be trained and housed.

B.C. Finance Minister Kevin Falcon mentioned the program under development during a budget-style speech to the Kamloops Chamber of Commerce earlier this week.

While details are not yet available, Falcon said in an interview that government is developing a welfare-to-work program.

"We're working across government to put together a package to find a way to fly them up to where work is, provide accommodation and training, if necessary, and put them into high-paying jobs."

The Invisible Man
The Invisible Man

Port Points : 402

Back to top Go down

Province looking to send welfare recipients north for training program Empty Re: Province looking to send welfare recipients north for training program

Post by Possum Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:56 pm

Most would fail peeing in a bottle 101.

Possum

Port Points : 174

Back to top Go down

Province looking to send welfare recipients north for training program Empty Re: Province looking to send welfare recipients north for training program

Post by TomW Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:18 pm

Peeing in a bottle aside the thing that strikes me is that sounds almost logical and logical well thought out ideas coming from any Government these days makes my head spin.
TomW
TomW

Port Points : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by Possum Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:44 pm

So true but you know that the nimrod element will assure the taxpaying people of BC that somehow, someway we are infringing on the rights of these bozos. Too many feel it not apropos to make welfare recipients piss in a bottle even though a great majority of the people paying taxes so these pecker-heads can get welfare, have to pass "piss in a bottle 101" to get to work and randomly while they are working.

If workers have to pass "piss in a bottle 101" then why also shouldn't those hitching the free ride not have to pass "piss in a bottle 101" and no matter what the bleeding hearts claim welfare recipients are pulling a free ride.

Possum

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisale Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:49 pm

It's logical until you realize that all it is is words. For something like this to happen there would have to be money committed to train people, to fly people, to accomodate people.

This would not be cheap... millions.

And then there is the issue that, um... what about all the unemployed/under-employed people in the North of the province? Are these welfare-southerners going to get first dibs just because they're on welfare and the gov wants them to?

It all screams stupidity to me... it's a publicity ploy to stir up the base and make the Conservatives fleeing in droves to John Cummins think twice.

chrisale

Port Points : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Possum Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:42 pm

I guess you missed the news reports that the north does not have enough workers. There are jobs up there going unfilled. I'm 67 and the company I used to work for are after me to go back to work in a security office job because they can't find people willing to work for only $20.00 an hour plus found. I know someone in Fort Mac making better than $25.00 an hour shoveling snow. There is more work up there than people willing to do it.

Possum

Back to top Go down

Post by booboo Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:52 pm

hmmm.....I gots good piss fer sale....apparently the latest doings is mouth swabs...gives the employer instant result...anywaaays ..this north thing for welfare duds..doubtful she gonna fly...big thing up north is nowheres to stay....shit I dunno why they can't be put ta work all over B.C. installing Smart Meters.................

booboo

Port Points : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisale Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:00 am

Ya. without affordable housing and training, this isn't going to happen.

It's a PR game from a tanking political party lead by a poster-girl for the failure of the feminism movement.

chrisale

Port Points : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Possum Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:08 pm

Soon to replaced by ???? Well lookie here, the guy that helped spearhead the "Fight The HST" fiasco now thinks he is heir apparent to the premiership of BC. Were are phuqued!

Possum

Back to top Go down

Post by Possum Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:19 pm

booboo wrote:hmmm.....I gots good piss fer sale....apparently the latest doings is mouth swabs...gives the employer instant result...anywaaays ..this north thing for welfare duds..doubtful she gonna fly...big thing up north is nowheres to stay....shit I dunno why they can't be put ta work all over B.C. installing Smart Meters.................
Nope the grandkid claims they still piss in the bottle and its done before he goes up. Of course I haven't seen him since Christmas when he was home for the holidays. He lives in a bunkhouse supplied by the company and is awaiting an apartment placement but these come with seniority. They feed him good too because he has put on weight and size. He loves living up there as he wants to ship his snowmobile up their to play during his time off. He's not big on vices so the sober playing field is OK with him. He's a hard working kid and like he says, "I can fly to get to a real job or flip burgers on Vancouver Island." Being there are lots of "Bunk" company accommodation why won't this project work. Some people think they do better on welfare because manning grow ops and selling on the street is hard to do from a bunkhouse.

Possum

Back to top Go down

Province looking to send welfare recipients north for training program Empty There are an abundance of jobs in Fort Saint John

Post by lionking Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:11 pm

Anyone needing a job can certainly find one in Fort Saint John.
Our Daughter is an electrician lives in Kelowna and, flies to work for 3 weeks and flies home for a week. She gets paid a lot of money. She shares a house with four other people. The housing situation isn't very good she said, in the newspaper there are a lot of basement suites for rent.

Our grand daughter and her boyfriend both have jobs waiting for them soon as her boyfriend finishes his excavating coarse. There are numerous driving jobs open RE: pilot driving, delivering tools to machinery that broke down etc. Neither one do drugs or drink so there sure isn't any problem their. As for having test done I don't know, I will ask her. Anyone wanting more info can send me a private message and, I will find out what you want to know K. Very Happy

lionking

Port Points : 326

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down