Welcome to alberntalk.com Please Log in or Register. Thanks

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to alberntalk.com Please Log in or Register. Thanks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Secure1
Click to scan this page

For your information important downloads

3 posters

Go down

For your information important downloads Empty For your information important downloads

Post by lionking Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:42 pm

Years ago we subscribed to this Earth Quake information site, so whenever their is an Earth Quake of any size in our area they automatically send a report to everyone just like this. I opened up my e-mail and this was there just now. Very Happy Web message at http://wcatwc.arh.noaa.gov/2012/03/25/m1gphw/01/messagem1gphw-01.htm

WEAK53 PAAQ 252245
TIBAK1

PUBLIC TSUNAMI INFORMATION STATEMENT NUMBER 1
NWS WEST COAST/ALASKA TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER PALMER AK
345 PM PDT SUN MAR 25 2012

...A STRONG EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURRED BUT A TSUNAMI IS NOT
EXPECTED ALONG THE CALIFORNIA/ OREGON/ WASHINGTON/
BRITISH COLUMBIA OR ALASKA COASTS...

NO WARNING... NO WATCH AND NO ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FOR
THESE AREAS.

BASED ON THE EARTHQUAKE MAGNITUDE... LOCATION AND HISTORIC
TSUNAMI RECORDS A DAMAGING TSUNAMI IS NOT EXPECTED ALONG
THE CALIFORNIA/ OREGON/ WASHINGTON/ BRITISH COLUMBIA AND ALASKA
COASTS.

AT 337 PM PACIFIC DAYLIGHT TIME ON MARCH 25 AN EARTHQUAKE WITH
PRELIMINARY MAGNITUDE 7.2 OCCURRED
NEAR THE COAST OF CENTRAL CHILE.

PACIFIC COASTAL REGIONS OUTSIDE CALIFORNIA/ OREGON/ WASHINGTON/
BRITISH COLUMBIA AND ALASKA SHOULD REFER TO THE PACIFIC TSUNAMI
WARNING CENTER MESSAGES FOR INFORMATION ON THIS EVENT AT
PTWC.WEATHER.GOV.

THIS WILL BE THE ONLY STATEMENT ISSUED FOR THIS EVENT BY THE
WEST COAST/ALASKA TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER UNLESS ADDITIONAL
INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE. SEE THE WEB SITE WCATWC.ARH.NOAA.GOV
FOR BASIC TSUNAMI INFORMATION - SAFETY RULES AND TSUNAMI TRAVEL
TIMES.

lionking

Port Points : 326

Back to top Go down

For your information important downloads Empty Re: For your information important downloads

Post by lionking Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:45 pm

Cell Numbers Go Public This Month!

Cell Numbers Go Public This Month!

To send to all your friends, takes 5 seconds, do it Smile
This is good for any type of phone
Thought this was good info from the Gov't of Canada ...if you have a cell phone.
REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public this month.
REMINDER..... all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies
and you will start to receive sales calls.
.... YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS!!
To prevent this, go to the following web-site for Canadian Telephone Numbers:
www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca <http://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/>
It is the National DO NOT CALL list It will only take a minute of your time..
It blocks your number for five (5) years.
HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON .. It takes about 20 seconds.
If you do not have a cell phone, send this email to your friends and family
who have a cell and may not know about this recent event.

lionking

Back to top Go down

For your information important downloads Empty Re: For your information important downloads

Post by Possum Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:55 am

Some people should not have computers. Please look up the snopes article re cell phone numbers. The story is crap....

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

Possum

Port Points : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by lionking Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:19 am

Possum wrote:Some people should not have computers. Please look up the snopes article re cell phone numbers. The story is crap....

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

I am sure you have heard this saying saying many times, it was written for people like you, If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything AT ALL. You have proven over and over and over that there is no FOOL LIKE AN OLD FOOL. Get over yourself. Stick to unwinding Christmas lights your really good at that and, stop being so negative.

lionking

Back to top Go down

Post by Possum Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:25 pm

Actually you're behind the times I quit that committee even though it was just my wife and myself doing everything. Too much interference from the dingbat at the museum who was in charge of everything.

I know to use snopes.com to check crap before forwarding it to unsuspecting people. So I may be old but I am smarter than you. Very Happy

Possum

Port Points : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by pen Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:21 pm

Possum wrote:Actually you're behind the times . . .

Oh my yes, way behind the times. That crapola's been on the internet for almost 6 years! Wasn't true then; isn't true now.
When I see stuff like this posted I just ask myself if it's a real issue. And whether I should get involved, too.
Or challenge them head on and watch the sparks fly. NOT.

Thanks for the snopes link, Poss.

pen

Port Points : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by lionking Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:48 pm

pen wrote:
Possum wrote:Actually you're behind the times . . .

Oh my yes, way behind the times. That crapola's been on the internet for almost 6 years! Wasn't true then; isn't true now.
When I see stuff like this posted I just ask myself if it's a real issue. And whether I should get involved, too.
Or challenge them head on and watch the sparks fly. NOT.

Thanks for the snopes link, Poss.

Yes thank you Poss also, for the link. I trust the person whom sent the e-mail to me, she must have trusted the information where ever she got it. I will pass on the message RE: snopes you sent me. What's the big deal anyway if it is bogus? It only takes a second to hit the delete button when you get something you don't want. I did register our phone and, they excepted it and I surely hope it stops all the phone calls we get usually one a day, from funny numbers, unknown names etc. we never use cell phones.
My intention has always been to save people from harm, especially the very young and very old. I really appreciate it if someone tells me something that could be harmful, that's it, in a nut shell. Smile

lionking

Back to top Go down

Post by lionking Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:11 am

Spring is here and the ticks will soon be showing their heads.
A School Nurse has written the info below -- good enough to

share -- And it really works!!

I had a pediatrician tell me what she believes is the best

way to remove a tick. This is great, because it works in

those places where it's some times difficult to get to

with tweezers: between toes, in the middle of a head full of

dark hair, etc.

Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball. Cover the

tick with the soap-soaked cotton ball and swab it for a few

seconds (15-20), the tick will come out on its own and be

stuck to the cotton ball when you lift it away. This

technique has worked every time I've used it (and that

was frequently), and it's much less traumatic for the

patient and easier for me.

Unless someone is allergic to soap, I can't see that

this would be damaging in any way. I even had my

doctor's wife call me for advice because she had one

stuck to her back and she couldn't reach it with

tweezers. Smile

lionking

Back to top Go down

Post by lionking Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:38 am

Cinnamon and Honey
Honey is the only food on the planet that will not spoil or rot. It will do what some call turning to sugar. In reality honey is always honey.. However, when left in a cool dark place for a long time it will do what I rather call "crystallizing". When this happens I loosen the lid, boil some water, and sit the honey container in the hot water, turn off the heat and let it liquefy. It is then as good as it ever was. Never boil honey or put it in a microwave. To do so will kill the enzymes in the honey.

Cinnamon and Honey
Bet the drug companies won't like this one getting around. Facts on Honey and Cinnamon: It is found that a mixture of honey and Cinnamon cures most diseases. Honey is produced in most of the countries of the world. Scientists of today also accept honey as a 'Ram Ban' (very effective) medicine for all kinds of diseases. Honey can be used without any side effects for any kind of diseases.

Today's science says that even though honey is sweet, if taken in the right dosage as a medicine, it does not harm diabetic patients. Weekly World News, a magazine in Canada , in its issue dated 17 January,1995 has given the following list of diseases that can be cured by honey and cinnamon as researched by western scientists:

HEART DISEASES:
Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, apply on bread, instead of jelly and jam, and eat it regularly for breakfast. It reduces the cholesterol in the arteries and saves the patient from heart attack. Also, those who have already had an attack, if they do this process daily, they are kept miles away from the next attack. Regular use of the above process relieves loss of breath and strengthens the heart beat. In America and Canada , various nursing homes have treated patients successfully and have found that as you age, the arteries and veins lose their flexibility and get clogged; honey and cinnamon revitalize the arteries and veins.

ARTHRITIS:
Arthritis patients may take daily, morning and night, one cup of hot water with two spoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. If taken regularly even chronic arthritis can be cured. In a recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon Honey and half teaspoon Cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week, out of the 200 people so treated, practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain, and within a month, mostly all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis started walking without pain.

BLADDER INFECTIONS:
Take two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it. It destroys the germs in the bladder.

CHOLESTEROL:
Two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of Cinnamon Powder mixed in 16 ounces of tea water, given to a cholesterol patient, was found to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood by 10 percent within two hours. As mentioned for arthritic patients, if taken three times a day, any chronic cholesterol is cured. According to information received in the said Journal, pure honey taken with food daily relieves complaints of cholesterol.

COLDS:
Those suffering from common or severe colds should take one tablespoon lukewarm honey with 1/4 spoon cinnamon powder daily for three days. This process will cure most chronic cough, cold, and clear the sinuses.

UPSET STOMACH:
Honey taken with cinnamon powder cures stomach ache and also clears stomach ulcers from the root.

GAS:
According to the studies done in India and Japan , it is revealed that if Honey is taken with cinnamon powder the stomach is relieved of gas.

IMMUNE SYSTEM:
Daily use of honey and cinnamon powder strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacteria and viral attacks. Scientists have found that honey has various vitamins and iron in large amounts. Constant use of Honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles to fight bacterial and viral diseases.

INDIGESTION:
Cinnamon powder sprinkled on two tablespoons of honey taken before food relieves acidity and digests the heaviest of meals.

INFLUENZA:
A scientist in Spain has proved that honey contains a natural ' Ingredient' which kills the influenza germs and saves the patient from flu..

LONGEVITY:
Tea made with honey and cinnamon powder, when taken regularly, arrests the ravages of old age. Take four spoons of honey, one spoon of cinnamon powder, and three cups of water and boil to make like tea. Drink 1/4 cup, three to four times a day. It keeps the skin fresh and soft and arrests old age. Life spans also increase and even a 100 year old, starts performing the chores of a 20-year-old.

PIMPLES:
Three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder paste. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water. If done daily for two weeks, it removes pimples from the root.

SKIN INFECTIONS:
Applying honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts on the affected parts cures eczema, ringworm and all types of skin infections.

WEIGHT LOSS:
Daily in the morning one half hour before breakfast on an empty stomach, and at night before sleeping, drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one cup of water. If taken regularly, it reduces the weight of even the most obese person. Also, drinking this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body even though the person may eat a high calorie diet.

CANCER:
Recent research in Japan and Australia has revealed that advanced cancer of the stomach and bones have been cured successfully. Patients suffering from these kinds of cancer should daily take one tablespoon of honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder for one month three times a day.

FATIGUE:
Recent studies have shown that the sugar content of honey is more helpful rather than being detrimental to the strength of the body. Senior citizens, who take honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts, are more alert and flexible. Dr. Milton, who has done research, says that a half tablespoon of honey taken in a glass of water and sprinkled with cinnamon powder, taken daily after brushing and in the afternoon at about 3:00 P.M. when the vitality of the body starts to decrease, increases the vitality of the body within a week.

BAD BREATH:
People of South America , first thing in the morning, gargle with one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder mixed in hot water, so their breath stays fresh throughout the day.

HEARING LOSS:
Daily morning and night honey and cinnamon powder, taken in equal parts restores hearing. Remember when we were kids? We had toast with real butter and cinnamon sprinkled on it! Enjoy Smile king

lionking

Back to top Go down

Post by lionking Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:56 pm

Take time to listen to this video.

Very interesting-something to think about. Smile

Confessions of a pharmaceutical executive…. Watch this EXCELLENT video..any comments welcome, ty

EVERYONE SHOULD SEE AND HEAR THIS VIDEO...AND CIRCULATE IT

https://www.youtube.com/embed/wIWuEAFlg1Y

lionking

Back to top Go down

Post by lionking Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:28 pm

Thyroid Cancer, our daughter knows all about this awful Cancer she fought and, Won the battle going on 8/9 years Very Happy
Good information for us all

On Wednesday, Dr. Oz had a show on the fastest growing cancer in women,
thyroid cancer. It was a very interesting program and he mentioned that
the increase could possibly be related to the use of dental x-rays and
mammograms. He demonstrated that on the apron the dentist puts on you for
your dental x-rays there is a little flap that can be lifted up and wrapped
around your neck. Many dentists don't bother to use it. Also, there is
something called a "thyroid guard" for use during mammograms.

By coincidence, I had my yearly mammogram yesterday. I felt a little
silly, but I asked about the guard and sure enough, the technician had one in
a drawer. I asked why it wasn't routinely used. Answer: "I don't know.
You have to ask for it." Well, if I hadn't seen the show, how would I
have known to ask?

We need to pass this on to our daughters, nieces, mothers and all our
female friends and, husbands tell your wives!!!

lionking

Back to top Go down

For your information important downloads Empty Aspartame is poison!!!

Post by lionking Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:14 am

Got ants? NUMBER 1 ANT KILLER A MUST READ.

*THIS SHOULD CHANGE YOUR MIND ABOUT USING ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS . . . IF YOU USE THEM.

We live in the woods and carpenter ants are a huge problem. We have
spent thousands of dollars with Orkin and on ant poisons trying to
keep them under control but nothing has helped. So when I read
somewhere that aspartame *(NutraSweet)* was actually developed as an ant poison and changed to being considered non-poisonous after it was realized that a lot more money could be made on it as a sweetener than as an ant poison, I decided to give it a try.

I opened two packets of aspartame sweetener, and dumped one in a
corner of each of our bathrooms. That was about 2 years ago and I
Have not seen any carpenter ants for about 9 to 12 months. It works
better than the most deadly poisons I have tried. Any time they show up again, I simply dump another package of NutraSweet in a corner, and they will be gone for a year or so again. Since posting this information I have had many people tell me of their success solving ant problems with this substance, when nothing else worked. I found later that small black ants would not eat the aspartame. It was determined that if you mixed it with apple juice, they would quickly take it back to the nest, and all would be dead within 24 hours, usually. I have found that sometimes it will kill them, and sometimes it does not. Not sure why, may be slightly different species of ants or something.

Fire Ants: We got our first fire ant hill about 2 weeks ago. Poison
did not work. We tried aspartame and the ants ignored it until we got
a light rain. It was just a sprinkle, enough to moisten the NutraSweet
and ground, but not enough to wash it away. They went crazy, hundreds of them grabbing it and taking it back into the mound. When I checked the mound 2 days later, there was no sign of the fire ants. I even dug the mound up, and still saw none of them.

How does it work: *Aspartame is a neuropoison.* It most likely kills
the ants by interfering with their nervous system. It could be direct,
like stopping their heart, or something more subtle like killing their sense of taste so they can't figure out what is edible, or smell, so they can't follow their trails, or mis-identify their colonies' members, so they start fighting each other. Not sure what causes them to end up dying, just know that for many species of ants it will kill them quickly and effectively.

As with any poison I recommend wearing gloves and washing any skin areas that come in contact with this poison, and avoid getting it in
your mouth, despite anything the labeling may indicate.

More information on this poison can be found at:
www.dorway.com
*The Truth About Aspartame...

*Aspartame is NOT a natural substance!*

* Aspartame is NOT a Diet Enhancement product!*

*Aspartame is NOT safe - for ANYONE!*

*Aspartame is NOT a food "additive" *

*Aspartame is an UNREGULATED and UNSAFE DRUG!*

*Aspartame in liquids turns to FORMALDEHYDE above freezing!*

*Aspartame is even worse for DIABETICS!*

*Aspartame poisoning is cumulative (it adds up!)*

* Aspartame byproducts get stored in your FAT!*

*Aspartame has 92 "Official" Side Effects (the worst is death!)*

* Aspartame MIMICS a wide range of problems*

*Aspartame side effects are USUALLY MISDIAGNOSED!*

*People with MS are warned to stay away from Aspartame!

***Google Aspertame side effects and see what comes up. bounce bounce bounce

lionking

Back to top Go down

Post by lionking Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:26 am

Coconut oil watch to the end - A Real Eye Opener! 5 min. video
http://www.cbn.com/media/player/index.aspx?s=/mp4/LJO190v1_WS

lionking

Back to top Go down

For your information important downloads Empty Envelopes and stamps

Post by lionking Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:45 am

Geez.. Envelopes and Stamps The pictures are not here? Maybe that is just as well, there were terrible to look at. Shocked

This is why we have Email.

A woman was working in a post Office in California . One day she licked the
envelopes and postage stamps instead of using a sponge. That
very day the lady found a cut on her tongue. A week later, she noticed an abnormal swelling of her tongue.

She went to the doctor, and they found nothing wrong..
Her tongue was not sore or anything.. A couple
of days later, her tongue started to swell more, and it began
to get really sore, so sore, that she could not eat. She
went back to the hospital, and demanded something be done.

The doctor took an x-ray of her tongue and noticed a
lump. He prepared her for minor surgery. When
The doctor cut her tongue open, a live cockroach crawled out!!!!

There were cockroach eggs on the seal of the
Envelope. The egg was able to hatch inside of
her tongue, because of her saliva, which was warm and moist....
This is a true story reported on CNN!

Andy Hume wrote: Hey, I used to work in an envelope
factory. You wouldn't believe the....things that float around in
those gum applicator trays. I haven't licked
an envelope for years!'

I used to work for a print shop(32 years ago), and we
were told NEVER to lick the envelopes. I never understood
why until I had to go into storage and pull out 2500
envelopes that were already printed and saw several squads
of cockroaches roaming around inside a couple of
boxes with eggs everywhere. They eat the glue
on the envelopes.

After reading this you will never lick
Another envelope or stamp again.

lionking

Back to top Go down

For your information important downloads Empty Not All Thieves Are Stupid!!!

Post by lionking Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Not all thieves are stupid.

This gives us something to think about with all our new electronic technology.

GPS
A couple of weeks ago a friend told me that someone she knew had their car broken into while they were at a football game. Their car was parked on the green which was adjacent to the football stadium and specially allotted to football fans. Things stolen from the car included a garage door remote control, some money and a GPS which had been prominently mounted on the dashboard.

When the victims got home, they found that their house had been ransacked and just about everything worth anything had been stolen. The thieves had used the GPS to guide them to the house. They then used the garage remote control to open the garage door and gain entry to the house. The thieves knew the owners were at the football game, they knew what time the game was scheduled to finish and so they knew how much time they had to clean out the house. It would appear that they had brought a truck to empty the house of its contents.

Something to consider if you have a GPS - don't put your home address in it.. Put a nearby address (like a store or gas station) so you can still find your way home if you need to, but no one else would know where you live if your GPS were stolen.

MOBILE PHONES

I never thought of this.......

This lady has now changed her habit of how she lists her names on her mobile phone after her handbag was stolen. Her handbag, which contained her cell phone, credit card, wallet... Etc...was stolen.

20 minutes later when she called her hubby, from a pay phone telling him what had happened, hubby says 'I received your text asking about our Pin number and I've replied a little while ago.' When they rushed down to the bank, the bank staff told them all the money was already withdrawn. The thief had actually used the stolen cell phone to text 'hubby' in the contact list and got hold of the pin number. Within 20 minutes he had withdrawn all the money from their bank account.

Moral of the lesson:

Do not disclose the relationship between you and the people in your contact list.

Avoid using names like Home, Honey, Hubby, Sweetheart, Dad, Mom, etc....

And very importantly, when sensitive info is being asked through texts, CONFIRM by calling back.

Also, when you're being texted by friends or family to meet them somewhere, be sure to call back to confirm that the message came from them. If you don't reach them, be very careful about going places to meet 'family and friends' who text you..

lionking

Back to top Go down

For your information important downloads Empty This Is Neat

Post by lionking Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:56 pm

This is neat.
Very interesting fact. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME WE WILL SEE AND LIVE THIS EVENT
This year, July has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. This happens
once every 823 years.

Calendar for July 2012 (Canada)
July
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

lionking

Back to top Go down

Post by lionking Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:12 pm

lionking wrote:
In order for you to see this correctly July 1 Friday, July 2 Saturday, July 3rd Sunday, July 4 Monday, continuing on.
I can fix it but it still posts wrong???

This is neat.
Very interesting fact. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME WE WILL SEE AND LIVE THIS EVENT
This year, July has 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. This happens
once every 823 years.

Calendar for July 2012 (Canada)
July
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

lionking

Back to top Go down

For your information important downloads Empty Awesome Enjoy!

Post by lionking Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:52 am

lionking

Back to top Go down

For your information important downloads Empty "WOW" A MOST POWERFUL VIDEO GET OUT THE KLEENEX.

Post by lionking Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:15 am

lionking

Back to top Go down

For your information important downloads Empty Now that's a Farm. Enjoy!

Post by lionking Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:39 pm

lionking

Back to top Go down

For your information important downloads Empty Read The Labels.

Post by lionking Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:12 am

Imported food we eat and the junk we buy....REAL EYE OPENER

'Green Giant' frozen vegetables are from China and so are most of 'Europe's Best'. 'Arctic Gardens' are OK. Never buy the grocery store garlic unless it is clearly marked from USA or 'Canada', the other stuff is grown in people poop (even worse than chicken poop).

Buy only local honey, much honey is shipped in huge containers from China and re-packed here. Cold-FX is grown and packed in China and is full of fecal bacteria. Doesn't work anyway, big scam. If the country of origin is not clearly marked beware...if fresh produce, ask an employee. Watch out for packages which state "prepared for", "packed by" or "imported by". Don't understand the lack of mandatory labeling in B.C. especially the produce! In Ontario, the country of origin has to be clearly shown on the item in the store. Not sure about other provinces. I go to the local farmers markets in season but even ask vendors if it is actually local. Worth reading the following, although I’m sure you already know at least some of this . . .

I was surprised by "NO NAME BRAND" and "PRESIDENT'S CHOICE" I thought they would be both the same. Please read this very carefully, to the very bottom. It's important for all of us.

How is it possible to ship food from China cheaper -- than having it produced in Canada or at least the U.S.? FOR EXAMPLE THE "OUR FAMILY" BRAND OF MANDARIN ORANGES SAYS RIGHT ON THE CAN FROM CHINA ... SO FOR A FEW MORE CENTS BUY THE 'LIBERTY GOLD BRAND' OR 'DOLE' which is from California. Beware, Costco sells canned peaches & pears, in a plastic jar, that come from China.

ALL "HIGH LINER" AND MOST OTHER FROZEN FISH PRODUCTS COME FROM CHINA OR INDONESIA . THE PACKAGE MAY SAY "PACIFIC SALMON" ON THE FRONT, BUT LOOK FOR THE SMALL PRINT. MOST OF THESE PRODUCTS COME FROM FISH FARMS IN THE ORIENT AND THERE ARE NO REGULATIONS ON WHAT IS FED TO THESE FISH.

Recently a Montreal Gazette had an article by the Canadian Gov't how Chinese feed the fish... they suspend the chicken wire crates over the fish ponds, and the fish feed on chicken shxxt. Canadian Government recommended and stressed NOT to buy any type of fish imported from China. If you search the internet what the Chinese feed their fish you'll be alarmed, eg. growth hormones, expired anti-biotics from humans, and never buy any type of fish or shellfish that comes from these countries... Vietnam , China , Philippines.

'BICK'S' HAVE RECENTLY CEASED OPERATIONS IN CANADA -- DON'T BUY THEIR PICKLES. Stienfeld’s Pickles are made in India – just as bad!!! Many 'NoName' pickles are made in Canada.

Canned Mushrooms. No-Name brand came from Indonesia . Next to them were President Choice brand. Produce of Canada! The P. C. went into my grocery bag.

Check those little fruit cups we used to give our children. They use to be made here in Canada in the Niagara region until about 2 years ago....Now packaged in China.

While the Chinese, export inferior and even toxic products, dangerous toys and goods to be sold in North American markets, the media wrings its hands and criticizes the Obama Administration and the Harper Government for perceived errors. Yet 70% of North Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended! Well, duh. Why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges?

SIMPLY DO IT YOURSELF Citizens of CANADA & US!!

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy. If it says 'Made in China ' or 'PRC' (Product of Republic of China) - and that now includes Hong Kong, simply choose another product; or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

Who needs plastic eggs to celebrate Easter? If you must have eggs, use real ones and benefit some North American farmer. Easter is just an example; the point is not waiting for the government to act.. Just go ahead and assume control on your own. Never buy Chocolate either - unless you are very careful to check out where it comes from. There are good treats that are healthy and local!

Canadian Thermos bottles were made here for many years. Thermos sold out in the 1990's and those that keep our food warm or cold, are now made in CHINA. Canada lost 200 jobs right there.

THINK ABOUT THIS: If 200 million North Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favour...fast!! The downside? Some Canadian/American businesses will feel a temporary pinch from having foreign stockpiles of inventory.

Just one month of trading losses, will hit the Chinese for 8%, of their North American exports. Then they will at least have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness were worth it. Please START NOW in any small or large way that you can.....and don’t stop.

lionking

Back to top Go down

Post by lionking Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:36 pm

lionking wrote:Coconut oil watch to the end - A Real Eye Opener! 5 min. video
http://www.cbn.com/media/player/index.aspx?s=/mp4/LJO190v1_WS

PS...You can buy the Coconut oil from the Health Store on Johnson street in Alberni.
It tastes really good on a graham wafer cracker. I don't know about you, but the older I keep getting, it seems like my memory is fading, by the day and I can use all the help I can, Very Happy

lionking

Back to top Go down